Our waiting list is managed by the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN). Please note that Belmont House does not have any insight on “what place” someone is on the waiting list. It is entirely managed by the LHIN.
After completing the referral process, the application will be forwarded to Belmont House at which time it will be reviewed for admission.
How do I apply to Belmont House?
- The application process for Long Term Care can seem overwhelming. The Toronto Central LHIN is available to support you and your family through this period and facilitate your application to Belmont House. Part of the LHIN’s mandate is to initiate applications, determine eligibility, coordinate applications, and maintain the list for all homes.
- Once eligibility has been assessed, you can select Belmont House as your preferred home of choice and we will receive a copy of your application.
- Applications are then met by our Admissions Committee, and a decision is made as to whether we are able to meet your needs and which care unit would be the best fit for you.
- The LHIN is then notified and your name is placed for admission on the Belmont House waitlist, to be reviewed again when an appropriate bed becomes available.
- You are able to have your name on up to 5 Long Term Care Homes waiting lists at a time.