Retirement Wellness Supervisor – Full Time Position (75 Hours Biweekly)
Belmont House (located near Bay/Bloor) is a charitable, non-profit, Christian home for seniors offering long term care and retirement living. For more than 165 years we have provided quality care to our residents in a safe and stimulating home environment. We are the “Seniors’ Home of Choice” helping our residents maintain independence, choice, dignity and privacy. Belmont House is current seeking a Retirement Wellness Supervisor.
The Retirement Wellness Supervisor is accountable for overseeing nursing functions. Reporting to the Director of Retirement and Recreation Services, the Retirement Supervisor will assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of tenant care, assist with performance management and payroll and coordinate revenue related services.
- Current certificate from the College of Nurses of Ontario and successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Minimum of 5 years current clinical nursing practice with demonstrated expertise in gerontology
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Long-term care experience is an asset.
- Retirement Home experience is required.
- Current knowledge and application of long-term care nursing standards, retirement homes act and best practice guidelines
- Must be able to set priorities and meet deadlines as workload may fluctuate as admissions, Tenant needs and discharge occur
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
(Other duties may be assigned by the Director)
- Work with staffing clerk and Human Resources to identify and/or address Retirement attendance and scheduling issues.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new staff in Retirement which includes hiring, transfers, orientation, annual in-services and department specific education.
- Assist with the placement and orientation of students in Retirement Living.
- Supervise Retirement Staff to ensure compliance with standards established by Belmont House, the Health Disciplines Act, Retirement Homes Act, and all other pertinent legislation.
- Coordinate all in house clinics (ie. Dentistry, audiology, dermatology, podiatry).
- Assist with all pre-admission assessments to determine suitability for admission – including review of all preadmission medicals.
- Assist with care planning/care coordination and hospital discharge planning.
- Communicate changes in levels of care to ensure that Tenants and their families are kept informed of the potential cost increases related to care and services.
- Liaise with outside care provides (i.e. Home Instead).
- Maintain strong working relationship with the LHINs.
- Ensure UCPS (unregulated care providers) are properly trained and certified in medication administration and provide ongoing support to Unregulated Care providers.
- Assist in the development, implementation and revision of policies, procedures and programs related to safety, infection control, quality of Tenant care, RHA, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the services of the dietician, physiotherapist, laboratory and other clinical services to ensure that tenants receive the required care.
- Ensure and monitor 6-month medication reviews are completed.
- Ensure that all immunization is completed and up to date for all Tenants (TB, Pneumovax
- Ensure and monitor the 6-month assessment care plans are completed as per the RHRA legislation.
- Monitor Falls prevention program
- Use the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Actively involved in the Continuous Quality and Risk process through collection, evaluation and processing of data as well as addressing the identified deficiencies to ensure standards are met.
- Organize Tenant care plan meetings with POAs when required.
- Maintains the sale of incontinent products and monitors revenue
- With the Director of Retirement and Recreation Services has the authority to counsel, discipline and dismiss staff.
- Approve staff absences including vacation, statutory holidays, sick time, reward days, personal leave, pregnancy/parental leave and bereavement leave.
- Respond to staff/resident/tenant/family inquiries relating to Nursing policies/procedures and ensure proper follow-up where required.
- Serve on committees as assigned by the Director of Retirement and Recreation Services
Belmont House offers a very competitive salary with benefits and pension.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Socrates Theophylactou, Director, Human Resources & Customer Service
Fax: 416.964.1448 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: March 15, 2020
Please visit us at: http://www.belmonthouse.com. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those who qualify will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicants throughout the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.