Cleaner – Part Time & Casual
Cleaner – Part-Time & Casual
Part Time & Casual opportunities are available for Applicants that are able to work rotations that are on evenings (3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.), nights (11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.) or weekends (up to 22.50 hours per week).
- Providing services to tenant and resident areas, staff offices and other common areas at Belmont House (Clean, mop, scrub, sweep, vacuum, dust, polish, wax, buff etc.)
- Follow daily cleaning routines and weekly deep cleaning routine as outlined in work schedules
- Follow all universal precautions, Company policies and procedures and use personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning
- Follow waste management schedules including recycling and garbage disposal
- Dust, mops, waxes and buffs floors and shampoos carpets
- Clean and maintain drinking fountains and washrooms
- Clean blinds/drapes with damp cloth or vacuum
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities as required to improve the environment for Belmont House resident, tenant, staff and visitors.
- Complete housekeeping assignments within the time allotted
- Perform light building and grounds maintenance as assigned. (e.g. picking up garbage)
- Occasional simple training of temporary workers in basic housekeeping duties
- Provide support for programs and services as required including setup, breakdown and proper handling and storage of furniture/equipment
- All other duties as assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor
Location: Belmont House
Schedule: Part-Time & Casual
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum O.S.S.D. or equivalent
- Previous experience in the Housekeeping field required
- Previous experience in Long Term Care preferred
- Must be capable of using Housekeeping Equipment, i.e., pushing carts, using vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo machines and buffing machines, lifting buckets and mopes, washers, dryers
Please note that Belmont House accommodates the needs of job applicant througout the recrument and selection process in accordance wth the Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Belmont Website.
If you wish to apply for one of our career opportunities, please complete the form below and submit your resume. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.